I am very grateful to all the GDPs, nurses, practice managers and patients who have contributed to my DPhil research. Over the past three years of fieldwork dozens of people have been willing to give up their time, “expose” themselves to interviews and videos and offered insights to improve the design of the research. Here are some examples:
- Testing and feeding back on a data gathering tool (Study 2 of the DPhil)
- Recording knowledge encounters and being interviewed about these (Study 2)
- Providing feedback on a study protocol and participation information leaflets (Study 3)
- Being filmed in clinical encounters between dentists and patients (Study 3)
- Being interviewed about those clinical encounters (Study 3)
There has been no financial reward for anyone and yet all these people have willingly given their time to help further my DPhil. I am very grateful and hope that my thesis will do justice to the efforts of all involved.
I am now writing up the thesis with the plan of submitting this summer. Wish me luck.